WORDS: ROXANNE WOOD
FEATURE IMAGE: DIANA KADREVA
With the rise of veganism in the recent years, there has been an increased demand for cruelty-free make-up. While numerous brands already followed ethical practices of cosmetic creating, there have been a fair share of new, upcoming companies following in their foot-steps. What better to way to enjoy your make-up than knowing its’ completely cruelty free?
Here’s a list of our top 5 quality, luxury, vegan make-up brands to indulge in for 2019:
- B Beauty – B cosmetics are entirely exclusive to Superdrug, so as well as being friendly to animals, they’re also kind to our bank accounts! The brand is completely vegan-friendly, and doesn’t even use beeswax, which is a common ingredient in many mascaras.
- Elf Cosmetics- Recently making a huge impact in the beauty world, MUA’s favourites also promote cruelty-free make-up. Another affordable brand not to be missed. (Some of Elf’s skincare range is not yet vegan friendly so take care to look at ingredients within this range.)
- Eco Tools- Some may not know, but not all our make-up brushes are animal-friendly! Eco Tools are 100% cruelty-free, offering a wide range of make-up tools. Other brands, such as Spectrum, also follow in their footsteps.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills- An all-time favourite within the industry, and even more loved due to their cruelty-free morals. Anastasia Beverly Hills continues to produce a wide range of animal friendly categories and shades for all.
- Illamasqua- Another luxury vegan brand to grace the world of make-up. Illamasqua produce luxurious, high-fashion products with a mantra for individuality and self-expression that is also animal and eco-friendly.
A list of some other brands to check out that also have some (or are 100%) vegan friendly products:
- The Body Shop
- Kat Von D
- Charlotte Tilbury
- Too Faced
- Milk Make-up
- Pixi by Petra
- Lush – who now sell some make-up products
- Barry M
- Wet N Wild
- Urban Decay